An active security clearance is required for this position.
As an Expert Systems Engineer, you will be leading engineering teams in taking a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability, and analysis across federal organizations to ensure accurate data.
- Assist in directing requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability, and analysis across Federal agencies.
- Assist with the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Advise on proposed changes to the solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assist in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Support the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Assist in performing systems integration activities.· Assist in leading Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assist in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Provide expert advice to the Government in the areas of relating vision, strategy, plans, needs, requirements, and process and capability developments.
- Operate at the level of integrating multiple Major Systems Acquisitions across organizational, agency, department, and governmental/national boundaries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current of Federal enterprises.
- Oversee and coordinates the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level contractor Systems Engineers.
Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM expert level experience.
- Expert working experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Experience with and strong understanding of systems engineering lifecycle.
- Doctorate in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Software Development Framework certification.
- INCOSE Expert System Engineering Professional (ESEP) certification.
- Licensure as a professional engineer.
- Membership or leadership participation in any of the following professional organizations: ACSM, ASCE, ASPRS, OGC, SAREM, USGIF
- Extensive work experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
- Experience engineering solutions using Cloud-based technologies.
- Experience engineering solutions using Cloud Based Technology such as: Service Orientated Architecture (SOA), On-demand self-service, Broad network access, Resource pooling, Rapid elasticity, Measured Service, Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Experience engineering solutions using structured and unstructured Big Data.
Internal Corporate Responsibilities:
- Internal corporate responsibilities vary by role, are subject to change, and may include assisting with internal business development.