US Citizenship required
Springfield, VA or remote
As an Innovation Engineer, you will provide business process engineering and backlog management in an environment employing Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. You will also act as liaison among customers, government program offices, technology providers and government acquisition offices for transition of large and small technology into operations.
- Identify, build and maintain appropriate tracker database(s) in support of new innovation ideas.
- Build and maintain appropriate database(s) for process improvements.
- Research, investigate and document innovation roadblocks
- Collaborate and leverage partnerships among enterprise stakeholders to identify, define and capture specific mission focused problem areas and success criteria.
- Contribute oversight and management of engineering activities across the Agency.
- Assist with establishing an enterprise-wide application retirement and disposition process for non-prioritized projects.
- Identify and document a system retirement process.
- Ability to identify and communicate technical issues, possess excellent oral and written communication while interfacing with military clients and respective agency executives.
- Participate in the transition of applications to operations and decommissioning of applications across the infrastructure as they have reached the end of their life-cycle.
- Prepare and maintain project plans, project milestone reports, project status reports.
- Assist in managing project meetings, project artifacts, and deployment deliverables and facilitating problem triage calls.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 12+ years demonstrated experience and knowledge in geospatial intelligence functions, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Engineering or a field related to the duties defined above or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational hierarchies and business functions.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assessments of future intelligence capabilities in a team environment to include being a Team Lead, Project Manager or Program Manager.
- Demonstrates Knowledge of Hybrid Cloud environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Start Up methodologies.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Internal Corporate Responsibilities:
- Internal corporate responsibilities vary by role, are subject to change, and may include assisting with internal business development.